UAE Passport, KhalifaSat Is a Part of This Year’s Pioneers
During a ceremony held in Abu Dhabi, His Highness, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE, Ruler of Dubai awarded the UAE Pioneer recipients on Wednesday.
Related to the event, Sheikh Mohammed posted some pictures on his twitter handle with the caption stating that at the end of the annual meeting for National Day celebrations, UAE awarded the national accomplishment of the UAE Pioneers, which Sheikh Zayed would be very proud. He not only praised the winners of UAE Pioneers but also lauded Sheikh Zayed for his efforts in protecting the legacy of the UAE.
The organizations which received the awards includes UAE Passport, Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, Burj Khalifa, Sheikh Zayed Book Award, KhalifaSat, Dubai Metro, Arab Reading Challenge, Emirates airline, Barakah Nuclear Energy Plant, Masdar city, and the National Army.
- For taking the UAE high on the global map Burj Khalifa was honored. It was recognized for being the world’s highest skyscraper.
- The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque received the award as it offers Islamic knowledge and greets people to its halls from different religions and nationalities.
- One of the significant landmarks of the UAE is the Dubai Metro. It was honored as it helped Dubai enter into one of the most technologically advanced smart cities in the world.
- Dubai’s flagship airline, Emirates was also recognized for being the largest airline services in the Middle East.
- The Arab Reading Challenge was awarded for holding the biggest knowledge drive in the Arab world, with almost around 20 million students taking part in the event over the last three years.
- Barakah Nuclear Energy Plant was recognized for being the worlds largest as well as the first peaceful nuclear energy plant.
- Masdar city was honored for being a sustainable city that makes use of renewable energy, and accomodating an international famed research facility for climate change.
- The UAE’s National Army was honored for being the pride of the country for all its youths.